Showing the Video
There are two ways to watch "Stopping the Revolving Door":
- From the Internet: Stream the video from any computer
with an Internent connection. Click here to watch the video now.
- From DVD: Request a FREE DVD from the Treatment
by sending an email. Be sure to supply your mailing address.
How to Promote a Showing
If you are screening the video at a public event, use our Media Kit to publicize the showing with local media.
How to Put the Video to Work
- Advocates for AOT - Send a link or the DVD along with
your own experience or support for assisted outpatient treatment to
lawmakers and other officials in a position to enact or implement AOT
- NAMI affliates and other community groups - Show the
documentary as the centerpiece of a regular meeting or special event.
Following the showing with commentary from a local judge, mental health
provider or consumer with experience in assisted treatment and/or with
- Law enforcement - Incoporate the video in training
morning roll call to acquaint officers with the civil alternative of
court-ordered outpatient treatment and how it can reduce demands on law
- Judges - View the documentary to see and hear how one
successfully uses assisted outpatient treatment to stop the revolving
door of illness, arrest and incarceration
- Elected officials and mental health professionals -
video to see first-hand accounts of the impact of AOT on consumers,
families and communities.
- Families - Watch the video to familiarize yourself
option of court-ordered treatment in the community